Featured on Nancy’s Kitchen Episode 3: Wine and Cheese series
Episode video after recipe.
How to make vegan cheddar cheese ball
Vegan Cheddar Cheese Ball
- 1 1/2 cups raw cashews, soaked in water overnight
- 2 tablespoon sun dried tomatoes, soaked with cashews
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast (2 TBSP = roughly 9 grams of protein)
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon red miso (good for gut bacteria)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- ½ cup shredded almond
Step 1: Pour soaking water from cashews and sun dried tomatoes and rinse with fresh water, drain well.
Step 2: Process cashews and sun dried tomatoes in blender and pulse until they start to form a paste, scraping down the sides as necessary.
Step 3: Add all of the seasonings and pulse until thoroughly combined.
Step 4: Add the coconut oil. Blend or process until the mixture is completely smooth, scraping down the sides occasionally. This process should take up to 10 minutes in a power blender.
Step 5: Scrape the soft cheese into a container.
Step 6: Cover and refrigerate for at least 6 hours, until firm. Scrape the cheese out of the container and place onto a clean surface. With your hands, form the cheese into a ball and roll in slice raw sliced almonds , dill or any other herbs of your choice and voila.