Featured on Nancy’s Kitchen Episode 2: Desert series
Episode video after recipe.
Gluten-Free Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 cups rolled oats (Reduces Chol.+ good source of fiber)
- 1/3 cup ground flaxseed (omega 3 + source of fiber)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1⁄2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon (helps with blood sugar management)
- 1/3 cup coconut oil melted (antiviral + antimicrobial + heart healthy fat)
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup (loaded with minerals)
- 2-3 tbsp water
- 1/3 – 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts (soak overnight) (Omega 3 & 6 + source of protein & fiber)
- 1/3 – 1⁄2 cup dark chocolate chips or cocoa nibs
Preheat oven at 325C
Step 1: Grind oats into flour and combine all the dry ingredients.
Step 2: Combine all the wet ingredients
Step 3: Gradually add the dry and wet ingredients, chopped nuts and dark chocolate/ cocoa nibs.
Step 4: Bake at 325C on a baking sheet between 18-25 minutes. Monitor cookies to avoid over baking.
Serve with Herbal tea or almond milk.